From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 10:34:55 -0600
If memory serves me correctly, you can only benefit from the 1.3 HDMI if
both the TV and the Computer card support 1.3.  I am enough out-of-date
on the topic to not know how widely available 1.3 equipment has become
today.

As far as cable quality, HDMI is digital and does not require a fancy
cable.  Save your money!  There is no reason to spend over five or ten
dollars on an HDMI cable unless, perhaps, you are trying to make it run
a very long distance.  Many stores seem to make only a small profit on
their equipment, but make it up by selling you a cable that is
way-overpriced.   (Even $75 or more!!)   Don't listen to anyone who
tries to get you to spend more - they are just trying to line their
pockets with your money!  If you need a good quality HDMI cable for a
reasonable price, check www.partsexpress.com, but you'll have to pay
more for the shipping than for the cable...  :(

Dean Kukral

On 11/30/2010 9:28 PM, Tom Waddell wrote:
> Is this the right forum to discuss the quality of HDMI cables? I have a computer connected to my TV and want to use an HDMI cable to monitor/TV. Prices vary widely and recently have heard if class 1.3. What does it mean? If off topic for this site, any suggestions of appropriate web forums/TV web sites?
>
> ThANKS,
>
> tom

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com