From:
Curt Pfaff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:58:15 -0500
Hi there,

I have an issue which I think is due to conflicting hardware.

While playing some videogames (ex. Counterstrike) my computer will completely freeze and make a low pitched, constant ringing noise (from the soundcard). I have heard that there is an issue between some motherboard chipsets and soundcards that has to do with soundloops, however the issue I have heard of was with the VIA chipset, and I have an ALI chipset. Anyways during this freeze the video is stuck on the last played frame, the soundcard makes that low pitched constant ringing noise (as said above), and the entire system (keyboard and mouse, etc.) is entirely non functional. Some people have brought up an overheating issue that may be occurring, but I highly doubt thats the case since I know I have a more than adequate airflow thru the case for maintaining a proper temperature level.

My computers specs:
Motherboard - ASUS A7A266 (ALI chipset)
Videocard - Radeon 7500
Soundcard - Creative SB Live 5.1
Ram - 512MB DDR 2100
HDD - Segate 20GB Baracuda III
Processor - AMD 1.2GHZ (clocked low meaning it has more potential ability to clock to a max of 1.6)

The problem only occurs while playing videogames, etc that demand a lot of graphics and sound ability, but is not limited to videogames.

I hope that I explained my problem enough to be able to help someone who may have heard of this issue before. Thankyou,

Curt

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com