Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:06:58 -0700
My wife's computer stopped booting from the hard disk. It boots from the
CDROM just fine, and the hard disk is recognized. I ran FIXBOOT and FIXMBR
on the HD with no results - still will not boot from the HD. The hard disk
will boot fine in another machine. Another hard disk will NOT boot in my
wife's machine. Switching IDE channels and cables has the same results -
boots from CDROM but not the HD.

At this point, I concluded that something in the BIOS boot code must have
gone bad. Since it is an older Celeron board with only USB 1 capability, I
have ordered another board, better board. However, I am still curious about
the symptoms. Anyone have similar experience and any conclusions?

Thanks,

Peter Shkabara
805-929-2085

                     support at our newest website: