From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:26:25 -0500
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< I was able to get the mouse to operate
>  as a standard ps2 mouse but no support for the "wheel" with the Trackpoint
>  enabled. I think that you may have some of the same issues with the
>  touchpad if it is an IBM laptop. I've gone through several driver updates
>  from Logitech but none will allow me to enable both.
>   >>
>At 12/13/99 11:31 PM , Susan Hays wrote:
>
>I really don't care if the touchpad is enabled when I use the mouse.  I would
>rather use the mouse.  I have a CTX 333 with 64MB of Ram.

You will definitely have to plug in the mouse before booting up for it to
be recognized.

Never having worked with a CTX, I would guess that you will have to
"un-check" the mouse in the BIOS.  Usually the BIOS options are for setting
up integrated devices.  However, to check it out, try booting with the
mouse already plugged in and the "mouse" setting in BIOS checked.  Then see
if the mouse responds as a PS2 type mouse.  If not, then try it
un-checked.  One other thing to check.  Make sure it is the mouse PS2
port.  The external keyboard connector on some laptops will "fit" a mouse
connector but the mouse may not work. After you get it recognized as a
plain old PS2 mouse then you can install your Logitech software drivers.

Hope this helps.

Doug

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org