From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 21:29:10 -0500
I once had a problem with a Newcom modem, the stupid thing caused my
answering
maching to come on when I dialed out.

A friend of mine bough the Newcom 24x cdrom  got the ACER brand, but it
works great.

-patrick black

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:25:58 EST Derek S Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>To all:
>        Avoid NEwcom modems like the plague!  90% are returned to the
>store I work at and you know buying a $49.00 modem with a $30 rebate
>is kind of fishy. And as for 56K newcom modems for $79.00 with a
>$30.00 rebate, well if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
>
>        Here is the kicker about Newcom Cd-ROMS.  I work at a retail
>store and the newcoms we installed for people have the word
>REWRITEable on them.  Can you you say refurbished?  Maybe, here is a
>point in case. A customer returns a Newcom, the attending clerk opens
>the box and checks the contents while the customer waits.  The CD-ROM
>says "ACER" on it. Did he replace it?  Well, that is what we thought,

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]