From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:27:25 -0700
I had a nearly the exact same problem with my system. It turned out to the
the printer I had connected through the USB. I could get it to boot about
20% to 30% of the time with the printer's USB cable plugged in. I could get
it to boot 100% of the time without it plugged in.

I tried other USB devices on the system including both powered and
non-powered. I could not reproduce the issue with any other device except
for the printer. FYI, it was a Canon Multipass 370.

Go figure...

Cheers!
Kyle Elmblade

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Robert Weaver <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I am running an Athlon 64X2 dual core processor 6400+ 3.2 Ghz with 4 gig
> ram
> on a Gigabyte GA-M52S-S3P motherboard.I have a dual boot set up with the
> main hard drive on a SATA connection and the secondary hard drive on IDE,
> both are running XP SP2.
>

> About 50% of the time the screen freezes on boot up just after the single
> beep tells me that the BIOS is OK and about halfway through the screen
> listing the hardware. After several attempts the system will boot OK.
>

> I have updated the BIOS, but cannot find any reason for the freezing. Any
> suggestions would be welcome.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>

>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com