From:
"Lance W. Kephart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 06:40:24 -0700
>System:
>Win95
>AMD k5 166 Processor
>Rhino Vx Motherboard
>S3 Virge 4mg Video Card
>Panasonic 24x CD-Rom
>5.1 gig hard drive
>412 mg hard drive
>Syquest 1.5 zip drive
>Mustek Scanner
>Awe64 Sound card
>SVGA monitor
>
>__________________________________
>                WINDOWS
>
>An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C1069CBC in VxD
>VNBT(01) + 00010130.
>This was called from 0028:C10225D8 in VxD PPPMAC(01) +
>00004570.  It may be possible to continue normally.
>

>*Press any key to attmept to continue
>*Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart the computer.
> You will lose any unsaved information in all
> applications.
>
>              Press any key to continue

>When I press any key, I can sometimes get back
>to my desktop.  At other times the computer locks
>up and I have to do a cold boot.  If I am able to
>get back to my desktop, the following occurs:
>
>Net programs look like they are up and running
>with no problem as far as I know.  My net
>connection shows I'm connected. But, my mail
>reader will not connect and times out.  Netscape
>and other programs won't make connections,
>etc.  It's as if when I get this screen I
>really have no net connection although
>everything continues to run as long as I
>don't ask for data from the net.

Sue,
For starters, I'd recommend running Scandisk
and Defrag if you haven't done so already. You
can find them in Start, Programs, Accessories,
System Tools.  Be sure to set Scandisk to
automatically repair any errors. If this has
happened alot, and you haven't ran Scandisk,
you might want to set Scandisk to do a thorough
scan also.

Have you recently added any new hardware or
memory upgrades?  My experience with the "blue
screen of death" has always been hardware.  The
last two times were memory chips.  One bad, the
second was an incompatible chip.

I tried checking for VNBT at Microsofts
Knowledge Base, but couldn't find anything so
I'm not sure if this and the PPPMAC are standard
Virtual drivers that come with Win95.  If I
knew, I'd suggest copying the two to a temporary
directory and then copy the "new" ones into the
system directory, as things can sometime get
corrupted.  I have them on my machine.

As for Internet Explorer, I'm not a big fan of
it so I couldn't offer any ideas for it.

Best of luck!

Lance Kephart
Kephart's Korner
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/vista/7192