From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:18:38 EST
Computer Repair 101

Magitronic AMDX5-133
Windows 95

Power switch has gotten touchy . . . does not always work.  Has a funny feel
to it.  Does not always "click".  Currently, I just unplug it, lest I turn it
off and not be able to power it up again.

Are these switches pretty universal, or am I going to have compatibility
issues?  This is not one of those new, fancy schmancy computers that turns
itself off.  When signing off, I get screen saying it's now safe to turn off
computer.  So, can I just buy a new switch?  Is it as easy to install as it
would appear?

Global Computer has a facility nearby.  Would this be something they would
carry?

William Closure

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com