Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:56:26 +0000
        Hi.
        The Asus solution is trivial for anyone with soldering skill.
For the other, some PCB track inspection would be convenient. If you
don't want to unsolder the resistor, perhaps you can cut its pins,
and solder the new resistor to the remaining pieces of pins.
        Hopefully, the resistor is not SMD. It should have colours
brown-gray-red-yellow, and the new one brown-white-white-yellow. You
should ask for a high precision resistor (1% or 2%).
        The idea is conditioning the supplied voltage changing a resistor.

> I'm attempting to upgrade my system (an oc'd P75 / ASUS P55TVP4 rev.
> 2.30) to an AMD K6-233.  According to the ASUS site, this is possible by
> replacing the R233 182k resistor with a 1 MOhm resistor. This does not
> seem trivial.  Anyone had any experience with this?
>
> Since I don't particularly want to fry my mobo, I have scoured the Net
> trying to find any info on this upgrade.  Not much out there.  One site
> for the P2T4 said it's possible to solder the resistor to a jumper and
> short one of the voltage jumpers with it.  I would prefer this method to
> soldering directly on my mobo, but not sure which jumper would be the
> right one for the TVP4.  Any ideas?  Also, there's a VCORE Reserve
> jumper (JP22) that has no documentation.  Anyone know the voltage for
> this jumper (for rev. 2.30)?  If it's even close to 3.2v I might just
> try that.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Don Gray
> NetCaliber Computer Services
> (541)923-3255 [voice/fax]
> http://www.netcaliber.com

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)