From:
Gordon McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:08:37 -0500
Hi Gail

YOU WROTE:
I have tried without success to turn my modem volume
down or off. I have gone into "control panel" and "modem"
and turned volume down. I have gone into my "dial-up"
preferences and tried to adjust but it still is loud as ever.
I have a feeling this has something to do with the fact
that I use AOL.  If anyone can help, I would be most
appreciative.

Gail Hutten

AOL uses its own settings
In AOL to adjust the volume, first start up AOL to the point where you are
getting ready to dial.
Then instead of dialing, click on the change settings button.
Use Expert Add.
When the next screen comes up with the phone numbers, look at the tabs
across the top. Pick the one that says Devices.
On this screen it should highlight your modem and give you a choice to
adjust the volume to off, low, normal, etc.
After changing say Ok and or Close to back out.
Try dialing and see how volume is affected.

TTYL
Gordon

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html