From:
"Rand M. Blunck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 15:18:06 -0700
With respect to processors, performance for current higher end CPU's from
Intel and AMD is very comparable.  As many have mentioned, if price has the
most weight in your decision, AMD is kinder on your wallet.  One thing I've
noticed in support of Intel chips is in the area of heat and heat
dissipation.  I've struggled with my AMD Athlon 1.4 to keep heat below 55C,
while my Intel P4 1.5 marches on steadily at 40C, with only a single case
fan.  In fact, the air coming from behind my Intel box barely feels warm,
while my AMD chips (my wife uses and Athlon 1.2) warm the entire room
(something you notice in Arizona).  Additionally, I'm always concerned that
I'm about to break something while putting heat sinks on AMD chips, while
the current setup for Pentium 4's is a breeze to perform without any tools.

Just food for thought,
Rand Blunck
Why Not Try Computing
Glendale, AZ

> Just my humble opinion but I am an AMD fan. The benchmarks that I have
read
> here lately is not that much difference between the Intel P4 and Athlon
> XPs. The difference that there is not the worth the price difference.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml