From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:16:10 -0800
Greetings everyone:
I know there was some discussion about leaving a computer on all the
time or shutting it down when not in use. I seem to also remember
something about the possibility of a fire hazard.

I have several clients that leave their systems on all the time and I
was asked if it does any damage. The only answer I had was, if you leave
your system on, it will drag in more dust in a shorter period of time to
both the power supply and CPU which will necessitate cleaning more often
and secondly, if there is something corrupt in your memory, it will stay
there until it is powered down.

Does anyone here have a source or information proving either was to be
better?

I would appreciate any information on this subject.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org