From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:41:10 -0500
Stephen, I just did essentially that with an ASUS P5A-B motherboard, AMD K6
2 450 and 160 MB RAM. However I used the Promise ULTRA DMA/66 PCI Adapter
card. The manual that came with my card did not say that you have to set the
jumper on the HD connected to the Promise card to Cable Select. Do that,
and then connect the new HD using the 80 wire cable that, I presume, came
with the card. Also, go into your BIOS and change the HDD Sequence to SCSI
as Jun has already said in his post. In my case, before I did that, I kept
getting and "Invalid System Disk" message. BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, I suggest
that you go to www.promise.com and look at the guides and FAQ there. They
are very good and seem to address any problem that you might encounter.

In my case, I first installed the card and my main HD with Win 98 SE already
installed. When prompted I used the floppy that came with the drive to
install the Mass Storage Driver. I do not know whether Win ME behaves
differently.

Good luck,

Peter Darrach