From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:07:35 -0300
One thing I always do if possible, is just use Print Screen and let the
attached printer make a copy of each page of the BIOS setup before I change
anything.  I give it to my client for his/her records after the service
call.  The battery should be around 3  volts, lower than 1 1/2, I replace.
One other thing, when the system is reset, I point out the age of the
system...  the Birthday of the system is presented as the first date!
Hope this helps.
The Computer Doctor
Howard Rubin
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:   Date:    Wed, 4 Jun 2003 01:09:37 +0100
From:    Michele <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Change my PC Battery

Hi, firstly it might be a good idea to make a note of all the settings in
the bios, especially if any of the drive settings have been entered manually
rather than autodetected.
Then, just make sure you replace the battery with one which is the same
voltage etc.
As far as I know, this is about it, that's all I usually do, and I've never
had any problems yet.
Maybe someone can add to this if I've left anything out?
Michele Sayer

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com