From:
Jeremy Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:49:09 -0700
Congratulations, linux is installed.  Dont worry about that third disk,
there are only a few packages on it that are not needed for the default
installation.
If you cant remember your password that is a problem, a big problem.  On
any unix system the name for the main sysadmin is 'root'.  So you use the
username 'root' and then when prompted for your password, enter it.  If
you cant remember it, then you have two options: reinstall, or try booting
from a linux boot disk, and mounting your / partition and changing the
password.
Once you log in as root, you will get a command prompt.  Here you need to
add a normal user account for yourself, so you are not 'root' all the time
(so you dont accidentally do something to break your system).  To do this,
type 'adduser yourusername', and then type 'passwd yourusername' to enter
a password for it.

--

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml