Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:35:20 -0600
Ron (or anyone?), I went to the link freepctech link and looked at the
network installation guide.  In the troubleshooting section, I found the
following:

"The NICS usually will not work if Windows has assigned an IRQ other than 10
or 11.  This is not a hard and fast rule, many newer cards will allow
Windows to assign just any old IRQ, but if your network does not work, this
can be the problem."

There was no information about what to do if an IRQ other than 10 or 11 is
assigned.  The IRQ assigned to my NICs is 9.  Now what do I do?

Debbie Alspaugh

> Debbie,
> Our list hosts have an excellent guide to starting a network and
installing
> MS-ICS, located at
> http://freepctech.com/guides.shtml
> Read carefully, because if you miss a step it may mean having to delete
your
> work and start over (especially with ICS).
>
> I would also recommend you to investigate one of the
router/switch/firewall
> combinations available from such makers as D-Link, Netgear, Linksys and
> others.  These cost less than $100 for a 4 port switch, make your tasks
much
> easier and make your home network more secure.  A DSL account without a
> firewall (hardware or software) is an invitation for someone to break in
> your system.
>
> Good luck!
> Ron Jobe

                     support at our newest website: