Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 10:32:31 -0700
Howdy, Great Guru's of the Net! :)

Dunno if anyone will be able to help with this, but I figure that maybe
someone has come across a similar problem during their travels.

I have an IBM ThinkPad (380D) running a Xircom combo Ethernet/modem card.
Normally this machine sits on a desk, and I don't think the modem has ever
been used before.  The Ethernet works fine.

I'm trying to get the modem working, but for some reason, I get a no
dialtone response when I try to dial out.  On another ThinkPad this card
runs fine, though a newer combo card in the original ThinkPad finds it
unable to locate modem.

I've tried just about everything I can think of (driver updates, flash bios,
re&re) but this modem just doesn't want to work.

Under 95's phone dialer I get an "in use by another application" error, but
nothing is running that should affect it.

Any ideas anyone????

Thanks Much!

Justin Twyford

Dawn - Roses & Chains