From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:08:47 -0400
HI,

Is it possible there is some power saving features that are enabled in
the BIOS causing this, or with
windows control panel that could be timing out and shutting that aspect
of the board down on you?

If I verified it was not caused by either of the above, then I might try
a better power supply as a cure.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

=============================

Hi Folks,

I have a Dell Dimension 8250, WinXP Pro, 1GB RAM etc. After power-up or
a re-boot, all my USB devices are perfectly operational and could well
be for many hours. The problem is the system somehow loses sight of them
after varying hours of operation. The USB hub & controller details still
exist in Device Manager but none of the USB devices will work; e.g.
thumb drive, printer, scanner, webcam, gamepad, external DVD Writer etc.
Once I reboot they all come back online again. I did install the most
recent Intel chipset update for Windows XP but it didn't help.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com