Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:44:53 -0500
I have to agree with Herbert Graf.  I've been through that myself.  A proper monitor driver can make all the difference.  It certainly did with my CTX monitor.  I couldn't see if you mentioned what brand/model monitor you have.  Try to find a website for the company and see if they have  drivers.   BTW, I have a Samsung Sync 4L 14" and it DOES have the clearest and sharpest screens.  I don't use it much, but will not part with it.

Byron Wolter

> > I have 2 PCs, yesterday I changed my old S3-Virge 2MB PCI video card
> > for an SiS6326 8MB AGP video card in one of them, and these strange
> > problems surfaced (please note that the SiS card was working
> > properly in my other PC, so it is not a faulty hardware problem):
> >
> > 1. After installing the drivers and rebooting, the screen had little
> > waves all over (only in 800x600 resolution), this I fixed by reducing
> the
> > refresh rate from 75Hz to 72Hz. Strange because my SiS6326 card
> > has always ran at 75Hz in my other PC without problems.
> >
> > 2. The only 2 available modes are 640x480 and 800x600. Strange
> > because the SiS card could run at 1024x768 in my other PC.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org