From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 22:17:42 -0500
Rick Glazier now adds:  The original post was from a person with
an older computer running (DOS) and WFWG 3.11 -- With a computer
of that age and Operating System, and running MUCH older software,
(old DOS Word Perfect, as stated in the original question) the
advise Mr Chin and I gave was proper.

To answer this new question about a different system:  I "might"
guess correctly that you are running Win95a. (Based on your
processor speed instead of your Operating System) If that is correct,
Win95 provides certain "default" services (such as stacks) which
makes an "extra" stacks statement "ONLY?" necessary if you have
a problem with an older program. Win95 sets up most settings
like this in a default "hidden" way.
This is why, when asking a question, you need to state some of
the "specifications" about your "unit", and only follow "SOME"
advise if it is for a similar "unit".
What is "good" for one "unit" might be "bad" for another...
In this case, no harm would be done!
Those last statements might spark plenty of new questions.
      Rick