From:
"Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:19:48 +0000
Tom,
I'm not  a world traveler myself, so I can't tell you exactly what  you need.  However, first check your laptop power supply.  Many of them are multi-national, in that they will accept 100-240 v ac input.  The issue is then to get a few adapters similar to a 3 wire to 2 wire plug so you can plug it in in France, England, etc.   You can check this site, there are many other sites with similar info.  Many stores that sell luggage have variations, and you can also buy them online and at airports.  I did purchase and take a power converter to France once, only to find that all I needed was an adapter to use with my existing power supply.
http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/electg.htm?gclid=CJzj_ZHh7bMCFQyk4AodkiYApQ
Paul Hachmeyer