From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:14:32 -0700
It appears that the beginning of your post was truncated. Please post again.

Windows XP is a relatively solid OS with programs running in separate
areas of memory so that if a program has a problem, it can be shut down
through task manager without affecting other running programs. In task
manager you can find which program is causing the excessive CPU usage by
clicking on CPU at the top of the listing of processes till the list is
structured on CPU usage from highest to lowest.

Let us know what you find and the members can likely be of more
assistance. If the problem process is "print", please give us details on
the printer and driver.

Tom Mayer

Jdoby wrote:
>  print.  Task Manager shows 100% usage.
>
>  Running Windows XP Pro, AMD 2400, 1 gb of ram, 40 gb harddrive
>  7 gb occupied.  What can I do to avoid the hangup.   Thanks

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com