From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:28:54 -0700
This is a little advanced, but I bet it will solve Eudora's bad
behavior. Instead of using the Users applet from Control Panel, this fix
involves using Users and Groups within Computer Management. That option
is buried inside of Administrative Tools. It is easiest to find if you
use the Classic view for your Control Panel. Open it up, find Marlene
inside Users and Groups, and clock Properties. Inside that dialog box
that shows up there is a tab labeled Member or something similar. Go to
it and clock the Add button. Another box will pop up with a list of
groups to add Marlene to. You want to add her to the Power Users group.
That will give Marlene enough administrative access to allow Eudora to
work, but not so much that she can break stuff. Hope this helps. :)

Bob Lendrim wrote:
> I bought a refurbed IBM Thinkpad T40, Win XP Pro SP2, for my wife. It is set up with two users, Bob (administrator), and Marlene (wife). I installed Eudora 5.1 for her email client. When I did that, I was logged in as Bob (the not too good administrator). Now when I log in as Marlene, Eudora will not start. An error message starts to appear, but is instantly covered up by an offer to send MS a report about the problem. I am assuming that "Marlene" can't start Eudora because she hasn't been given the right to do so by the administrator (me). I've been unable to figure out how to give her rights to programs. Can someone steer me to the right place for help.
> Thank you, Bob
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com