From:
John Pfankuch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:43:46 -0600
It could be anything from what Yui Shin describes which shouldn't cost much
to fix, to the flyback transformer or another part of the high voltage
assembly who's parts are often so expensive that it may not be worth
repairing.  If the shipping costs make even a warranty repair prohibitive,
it might be time to check a local repair shop with free estimates.

Good luck,

John Pfankuch

> No crackle, the monitor turns on and off so fast, all I hear is the clicks
> for on and off, so that scenario makes sense.  Would you happen to know if
> this is considered a relatively easy repair by vendor,  or be cause for
them
> to replace the model (under warranty, but I no doubt will blow $80.00 on
> shipping costs *sigh*)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D Wall

                     visit our download web page at: