Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2014 10:17:29 -0700
  The point at which I got rather serious about using Linux (Ubuntu) was
a few years ago, when my volume of email outgrew Pegasus and my main
desktop got thoroughly infected by JavaScript-ed emails that Thunderbird
couldn't disable.  It seemed my most practical alternative was to go on
using Thunderbird, but in a non-Windows environment so most infectious
scripts wouldn't find targets they recognized.

  (I did sarch, more than once, for something like the Firefox
"NoScript" plug-in for Thunderird.  I found half a dozen public posts by
people who said they were trying to create one, but no sign that any had
yet offered even a beta version....)

David Gillett