From:
Raymond Hornung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:11:02 +0900
I'm running WIN95 on a Pentium 166, 64 MB RAM, 6.4 GB HD, FIC PA-2002
motherboard.  Whenever I tried to load software from the CD-ROM I would
get an 0E exception error message with the only recourse being to
reboot. All software did this and sporadically.  A friend suggested:>

>> Typically the 0E exception is generated by hardware incompatibility and may
>> not be symptomatic of a bad CD Rom.   It can be a problem with your CPU,
>> the Ram or some other hardware issue concerning the motherboard that
>> becomes more prominent when the CD Rom drive is activated.

It had to be the motherboard, the RAM, the hard drive, or a cable
problem.  After checking all the jumpers and cable connections I did a
systematic component change out to determine the culprit.  After
swapping out cables and a discarded hard drive (40 MB!) still with the
same problem I went for the RAM and replaced them with a pair of 4MB
chips.  Bingo!  all is well, awaiting word from the vendor on resolving
the RAM problem. (Subsequently, I installed the RAM on another system, a
300 MMX with the same problem.)

Hope this helps someone.

Ray Hornung