From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:14:32 -0600
At 11:28 AM 7/31/99 , you wrote:
>I have no more parallel ports that I can use in the back of my computer.  I
>have already installed and additional parallel port for my fax machine.  I
>would like to add a flatbed scanner which requires another parallel port.
>Since I can't add another one to the back of my computer, what do I need to
>do to accomplish this?  What is out there in the computer stores that I can
>purchase?
>
>Thank you,
>Susan Hays

You can purchase a small I/O printer port card that will fit in an ISA slot
that will add either one or two additional printer ports to your computer
on one card.  These cards perform as if the port was plugged into the
motherboard and you will see no lag in data flow.

Windows95/98 will recognize these as LPT2 and LPT3.   I have never
added more than two additional ports, making a combined three LPT
ports.  But, I believe you are only asking about adding a second port.
Typically these cards are inexpensive, costing under $25.

I hope that helps...

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org