From:
Douglas Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:49:17 -0400
I have a very stable and reliable wired network installed
in my home and don't want to change it.  However, my wife
has convinced me to get her a laptop and she wants
wireless connection to our home network so she can move
about freely with it.

I have looked for a wireless access point that doesn’t
include the router but it looks like there aren’t many.
 Most are routers with broadband connections along with
the DHCP stuff which I don’t need.  What I would like to
do is attach the access point to my current router and
then have a wireless card in the laptop so it is just
another node on my current network.  My current router
would assign IP address and control access to my cable
modem.

Does anyone use such an access point that they could
recommend and what would be the expected price range?

Doug

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml