From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:38:01 -0400
On 28 Apr 2003 at 0:35, Ian wrote:

> I'd be interested to know if anyone else has run across this situation:
>
> A customer running W98SE has had sudden bad behaviour from her mouse.
> Resting the pointer on any box with a drop-down option (say, like msconfig)
> results in an uncontrollable scrolling of the drop-down contents.
[snipped]

Hi,

Two other things you can check. My hubby's puter was doing
something similar, and it turned out his virus program was set to
scan all files, all the time. Unchecked that, and the problem mouse
behavior stopped.
Also, since it's Win98, you can go to Control Panel, System
Properties, General Tab, and select the Graphics Button at the
bottom. Turn the Hardware Acceleration down one notch, and see if
that helps.
Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml