From:
Brad Boutwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:43:05 -0500
No TNT/TNT2 has dual output (for 2 monitors).  There are several cards that
do support two monitors, including the G400/G400MAX (to be released next
week) and a Productive (G100) board, both from Matrox.  You will pay a
premium for the Matrox boards, but they are worth it in my opinion.  The 2d
quality is unsurpassed.  Apian also makes dual output cards, but they cost
even more...

The G400 might be a little too much card for you if audio processing is your
only function.  Using Win 98 or Win NT 4, you can simply use 2 video
adapters to get the same result.

The thing to keep in mind is that the video card(s) you get should have
enough memory to support the screen resolution you want.  My brother does
audio processing (SAW and CoolEdit 64) and runs 2 21" monitors off of two
G200's (one PCI, 1 AGP) @ 1600 x 1200 and he loves it.

Final note: The Matrox cards (save the G400, which still remains to be seen)
aren't that great for 3d gaming...

Brad Boutwell
BDB design
Tulsa, OK

Hello all,

Am looking for a video AGP card for a digital audio workstation I'm putting
together.  System is celeron 300a OC'd to 450 on BH6 MB, and will run
Ensoniq's Paris pci card and software.  I will need 2 monitors off the card.
MFg recommends either ATI, Diamond or Matrox brands-not sure why.  Had been
thinking of the G200, but have seen posts here about the better TNT2--who
makes it and will it accomodate 2 monitors?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html