From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:16:57 -0400
Greetings Deepesh and list--
----- Original Message -----
From: "Deepesh Agarwal" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Computer Shows Power on but No Beeps, No Display

> Hello, PCBuild,
> "As far as my knowledge goes the BIOS beeps countinously if there is No
> Ram or faulty ram."
>        I had found the culprit it was my nVidia Riva TNT 32 MB AGP card, I
> booted the PC by removing the AGP card and using onboard display, now can
> anybody put some light on this issue:
>        When connecting the card in question my monitor displays vertical
> coloured stripes of varying colours, what can be the cause is it the card
> or the AGP port, and is there any solution.

It is sometimes necessary to place or remove a jumper on the motherboard
in order to disable the onboard display when an AGP or other video card
is to be used. Is it possible that the "vertical stripes" are displayed
because the
onboard video is still enabled and conflicts with the AGP card?

Just a thought....

Paul A. Shippert

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com