From:
Jan Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:06:08 -0700
In <[log in to unmask]>, on 06/22/99
   at 10:46 PM, JM Sudela <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I have a Mustek Flatbed Scanner (about 2 yrs. old) that seems to
>have lost it!

>Every time I currently try to use it, I get a signal indicating
>that there is an IRQ conflict.

>The message instructs me to re-install the drivers to resolve the
>problem.

>What I don't know how to do is determine what IRQ is causing the
>conflict and how to change/move the hardware to an IRQ that is
>unused.

>The scanner is connected through a Mustek provided SCSI interface
>card. It has worked fine in the past, but I fear that the
>installation of  new hardware/software may have stepped on the
>scanner settings.

>Thanks in Advance,

>Jim Sudela
t would be helpful to know what your system configuration is, such
as processor type, BIOS and Motherboard manufacturer, and most
importantly, what devices you have. You can get the
BIOS/Motherboard info by copying the long ID string that appears
at boot up. The hardware manager (if you are running Windows),
Microsoft Diagnostics (MSD.EXE) or some other utilities can give
you a list of what the system thinks the IRQ assignments are.

As a preliminary guess, if you are using an ISA SCSI interface
board, it's probably an Adaptec 1505 or clone and set to use IRQ
11. Unfortunately, some Plug N Pray software confuse the Adaptec
chip with a soundcard. If you are running Windows, you may be able
to use the hardware manager to straighten things out.

jan lambert