From:
Susan C Wiederhold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:02:51 -0600
I'm hoping that I have the correct mailing list for this. If not, I'll
change over to the software list. My first problem is that I am not sure
if it is a hardware or software problem. Second problem is a definite
hardware problem.

My kids installed a new game on the computer. The game managed to reset
the sysreg files and I had to be walked through the fix on it. Now the
problem is the video colors. I have reset them on the display to windows
standard colors, but they are still off. They seem to be lacking
yellow/green colors. or perhaps too much green and no red. Anyway, how
can I look into repairing this problem?

My second problem is on a tower that I want to fix, and if I can repair
it myself, even better. I have an older computer (ancient in computer
years) but that is still more than adequate for my needs. I had forgotten
what the problems were with it, so I plugged the monitor into it and
booted it...and it comes up "invalid drive". Now, how do I go about
convincing it that the drives are alright? Or do I just seek help from a
computer repair guy?

Thanks,

Susan