From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 01:59:36 -0400
I have a PNY device that does this occasionally. Re-inserting it usually
works.
Does the device appear under computer management? (Right-click My
Computer/Manage).
********

Hello List,
Having a problem with what should be the easiest device ever, A 512 MB flash
drive. 3 different drives, Ive tried, 2 PNY and one Memorex . 6 month old
Dell computer , running XP pro. Keeps coming up as "unknown USB device" This
is on a friends computer, I tried 2 of the drives on mine also running XP
pro and they are recognized and worked right away. appear under disk drives
in device mgr. on mine where they should be, On hers comes under USB
controllers as unknown device. Tried booting with device in drive, came up
"new hardware recognized and working", thought I was good to go,,,10 seconds
later "Unknown USB device" error again ,, no drive letter under My
Computer.. tried all 4 different ports to no avail. This was done under
administrator account. Digital camera USB works on same ports... Any ideas
what I'm missing