From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:18:00 -0500
Hi Elizabeth,
I have a Sony StorStation (aka Ditto Max) 2GB parallel port tape drive
installed on Windows 98.  The software MUST be completely installed before
Windows will recognize the drive.  Under Windows 95, the drive was correctly
ID'd as "Ditto", but under Win98, the System Properties are as follows:

GENERAL TAB
Device Name:    Tape Drive
Device Type:    Tape Drive
Manufacturer:   Generic

SETTINGS TAB
Controller Type:        MS-5C PPT
Drive Settings:
        Transfer rate:  Optimized
        Parallel port mode: Enhanced (EPP)
        Port Delay:             0

DRIVER TAB
Provider:       Seagate Software
Date:           7-30-1997
Note    "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device."

Inspite of the change in identifying the drive between windows versions, the
dirve works fine.  I have successfully made many backups in Win98 and have
restored from tapes made under Win95.

HTH.

Jerry Rasmussen
Rasmussen & Bucklin Associates