From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:30:04 -0500
Hi,
 I don't have an Armada but my Compaq presario is touchy about when to
hit the f-key. If I hit it before or while the Compaq splash screen
appears it either gives me a keyboard error message or continues to
boot normally. I found if I hit the key just as the splash screen is
closing, it will take me to bios/setup. This is rather strange and may
not apply to your problem, but thought you might give it a try.

 Good luck,
 -Phil-

On 1/26/09, Michele Sayer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Can anyone help me please? I'm trying to access the bios on a compaq armada
> 1570D. I've tried just about every combination of keys I can think of, and
> searched the net, but nothing. someone somewhere must know how to access the
> bios? Please help if you can? I have no flashing curser on the right as most
> of the sites suggest - only a quick count up and then a flashing curser on
> the top left hand corner. I hope someone can help.
>
> The reason I need to access the bios is to change the boot order - this
> laptop has been set to access the C drive first and I need to reinstall the
> os. Is there an alternative way of changing the boot order? I've removed the
> ram - sometimes works - but all I get is a message on the screen asking me
> to confirm or save  the changes with F1 or F2
>
> I dont seem to be able to find the answer anywhere on the net.
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml