From:
Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:22:01 -0500
I've been using W98 since it first came out. I'm now using W98SE.
There was a time when I had shutdown problems. I have added
many patches and fixes over the years including the standard
online Windows update. I have not had any shutdown problems
for a long time now. So, while it does occur, I don't think it has to
be a "way of life". I wish I could tell you what fixed mine.
(Knock on wood)