From:
stan merrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:41:06 -0400
It is very important that you purchase a USB adapter that is compatible
with your motherboard. I know of one instance where a vendor I use supplied
a client with a generic USB adapter & a customer fried his digital
camera...same problem with ps/2 & comm port adapters, they're not all wired
same/same from mobo mfr. to mobo mfr.

respectfully,

Stan Merrell/ Sutherland Audio/Visual
Pittsford Central Schools