From:
Nicolas Cure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:51:35 -0400
I'm looking forward to buying the parts for a new PC and I would like to
know if anyone is willing to share their good or bad opinions and
experiences with different brands of components. I haven't started
shopping but I'm starting my shopping list.

I want to put together a Pentium II with 1 or two 400mhz processors. 64
or 128 megs of ram. I'll put a 64 bit audio card in it, an AGP video
card with 8 meg RAM and I would like it to support TV tuning. A need a
56K internal modem, I was thinking if a Boca DynamicDuo. I'm also
thinking on a DVD kit and a radio tuner card. I am planning on buying a
SCSI hard drive (about 8 or 9 GB) and SCSI zip drive. Also a 19 or 21
inch monitor.

Of course I'll need a case, and an SCSI card.

For the printer I'm thinking of an Epson Stylus 850. And I might buy an
Epson Photo PC 600.

As I said I would appreciate any input as to brands or any comments you
might have.

TIA
Nicolas Cure