From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:27:06 -0400
Greetings Ken and list--
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Hollingsworth" <[log in to unmask]>

> Paul,
>   Having seen no response from the resident experts on your query, I
> would suggest you check the Event Viewer for errors or Warnings.
> Might give you some input on what service is causing the problem -
> then re-post that information here and the experts can give further
> info if needed.
-----end original------------

Thanks for the suggestion, Ken. When I checked the four
event logs, there were no notations corresponding with
any of the times when this 'tone' occurred. The 'event'
seems not to affect anything else that is going on, however;
it is rather annoying. I'll continue to wait and hope for
more input. If it helps, I forgot to mention that my system
also now includes a Microsoft Wireless Desktop set
(optical mouse and keyboard). The battery condition is
good for both devices and both are using the most
up-to-date drivers.

Still at a loss,

Paul A. Shippert
Utilitarian
Margaret Brent Middle School
'The trouble with standing up for what you
believe in is that when you do, you
make a bigger target.' A. Nonymous