From:
Marc Guise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 07:48:36 -0400
Hi all
I'm looking to upgrade my display card and I'd like to know what (if any) limitations my monitor would impose on the new card ie. I don't want to spend money on a good card and find I can only use 75% of it's features because of a low-end monitor.
My monitor is an Acer 33D 14", 0.28 dot, vert. freq. 50-100 Hz, up to 1024x768/86Hz.
I'm using an old Cirrus Logic 5420 ISA with (I think)
512kb memory.
PCI 66Mhz motherboard with Pentium 133.
I'm running Win 95 and will use the card mostly for Windows 2D, although I would like some sort of basic 3D ability for games. Most important to me is picture sharpness and display speed, although I know the card alone is not responsible for these. Amount of colours is less important.
All advice welcome
Marc Guise