From:
AlanPriol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:59:29 +1000
A diagnostic disk can usually be obtained from the hard drive makers
home page. This disk can be used usually, to write zeros to the whole of
the drive. It is a slow process but it will prevent any access to
previously loaded files. I have used one on a Fujitsu hard drive with
great success.

Alan Priol

How do I write zeros to my hard drive. I have done an fdisk to remove
all my files, but it seems that there are still some left. Also, because
of these files, it causing my DSL connection to lag. If possible, maybe
someone can tell me what these files are and how I can remove them if
they are ever saved to my computer again so I will not have to format
each time.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com