From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:23:01 -0800

On 23 Mar 99, at 14:20, Twin*.*Star wrote:

> Just a side note. Not familiar with you particular mobo but I suspect,
> since only a few most recent mobos do, that your mobo will only cache up
> to 64 Mb.

  This is a limitation of Socket 7 boards using the Intel 430VX and 430TX
chipsets.  Since this poster has a PPro (Socket 8) board using the Intel
440FX chipset -- which doesn't manage the cache since that is on the CPU --
this limitation does not apply to his case.

> How do you now if it caches more than 64 or what ever. Ask the mobo
> manufacturer.

  The various PPro and PII CPUs will cache at least 1GB, and many will
cache 4GB.

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html