From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 15:39:32 EDT
It may not be that your system runs better if it is warm, it may be that your
hard drive is having a hard time spinning up. Do you have your hard drive
power down in the energy saving settings? If you do, and it spools up OK when
you start using your system, I probably would not worry. If your hard drive
runs all the time, then you might see what happens if you set it to shut
itself off while the system is still running.

I use to have a portable hard drive that had this problem and I would have to
tap it to spool up. Eventually, it just died. I would make sure your data is
backed up.

Dennis Noble

> I very rarely turn my system off at all, so when I shut it down overnight
> "not sure what made me do it" I remembered why I never turn it off. for
> some reason when my system is cold it takes many , many attempts to boot up
> or just until it is good and warm.......has anyone ever experienced this
> before. I always was under the impression they would operate better if they
> could be kept on the cool side of things.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml