Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:06:26 -0700
There's all kinds of backup software, and some have limits on network
backup, as I mentioned.
Given that network backup is possible, however, the wireless option
makes complete sense. That's what wireless is all about-freeing you from
the need to use wires. Anything you can do with a wire, you can do
without.
As for speed, it's probably not all that slow, and it's not as though we
need to sit and watch it any way.
I try to schedule this kind of thing when I'm not actively using the
computer, but I've fund that a fast machine with lots of RAM doesn't
seem particularly affected by this.
One problem with this stuff is there are just too many ways to do
things, so it gets confusing.
I'm in favor of the simplest method.