From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:55:53 -0500
At 11:04 AM 26/01/00 +0530, you wrote:
>Hello,
>I have an Epson 640 in which thee color cartridge exhausted. For a month or
>so I did not print color but continued to use black ink. I then refilled all
>three color inks using a refill kit. Now I am still unable to print color.

Hi Ashok:

I have encountered similar problems with the colour [Old Canadian and Brit
spelling] cartridge on my now retired Canon BJC-210 printer. You and I both
neglected the old adage, "Never let your cartridge run dry!" :-)

I was able to recover from the situation several times. On the Canon, the
print head is right on the cartridge. On your Epson? Anyway, I dampened a
paper towel with warm water and gently dabbed the print head with it.
Sooner or later, as the warm water dissolved the dry ink, little patches of
colour would appear on the towel. When all tree colours appeared, I was
back in business. Sometimes I had to leave the cartridge resting on the
towel for an hour or so. Unfortunately, after three years of refilling the
original colour cartridge the recovery process stopped working and I had to
break down and buy a new cartridge!

Another apparent possibility is that there might be an air lock in the
cartridge preventing the ink from getting to the outlet. Since you are not
getting anything out of the cartridge, that is probably not your problem.
The Canon cartridge has foam filled reservoirs and I was able to use a
paper clip or the like in the refill hole and sort of "squeeze" any air out
of the foam. Messy but fun!

Good Luck!

Peter Darrach

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,