From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:06:40 -0800
James Kerr Wrote:

"I am looking for a really nice color printer one that prints pretty
fast and has really great color and resolution."

I would recommend an Epson. The reason  is, the maximum resolution is
1440x720 and when it comes to reproducing graphics and photos, they are
hard to beat. The Epson also has quick drying ink. Some of their models
are cross platform so you can use them with either a PC or a Mac.

"Maybe I need to take a step up in price
then, but I am not sure
were to look any suggestions for a killer printer that
is under US$20,000"

You did say twenty thousand? You must be looking for a real "killer
printer" <smile>

By the sound of it you are either in Graphics, photography or possibly
an architect??

You may go to the Epson site and look at what they have.
http://www.epson.com
or you may call them toll free in the US at 1-800-241-5373

I would look at the 3000 and possible the Stylus Pro 5000. Both of these
are designed for the business end and the resolution and speed are up
there. These are wide format types that will handle up to 17x22. The
3000 will allow you to produce a 11 x 17 full bleed print. The 5000 in
my opinion is a "killer printer" coming in at about $10,000.00 U.S..

They also have a new smaller printer, the Epson 900 which will out do
the HP 8500 and if I'm not mistaken, a lot less expensive too.

I hope this information will help you in you search.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]