From:
Randy Goldenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:33:34 -0800
On Saturday January 06, 2001, Michael A. Wosnick wrote:

> Therefore, I am convinced that this can't be TCP/IP per se, since the
> protocol works in the same computer on 2 other adapters. I am convinced it
> can't be the card or the phone line itself, since I can establish a
> satisfactory NetBEUI-based network. I am convinced it has to be something in
> the Dell computer itself that is causing the problem. or something has
> become corrupt somewhere in Win98SE (?) that is not allowing TCP/IP to work
> properly. Can this make any sense since TCP/IP clearly must be working fine
> for my cable modem to work (and it does).

Maybe things on the Dell are set up such that the TCP/IP
settings associated with the cable modem connection are
taking priority and effectively knocking out or preventing
recognition of the other, local, network configuration.

If that's the case, going ahead and installing ICS or some
other NAT software might solve the problem.

R.