From:
robert graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:46:50 -0700
disconnect all of your phone lines from the wall and wait for a few minutes then rehook up.if that doesn't work go to the main server(if that's what your using and pull the lines out and reinsert them).also you can reinstall the modem software  rmg

[log in to unmask] wrote:
Hello,
A curious development on my laptop happened while downloading a Norton AV update: the connection was broken [no apparent reason], and when I tried to reconnect, the modem failed to emit its usual bleeps and the wanadoo connection commentary announced the connection failed because there was no dial tone.
But a check of the line revealed all was as it should be, as did a check of the usual problem points - the telephony, modem and dial-up connection functions. Even Internet Options/connections/ always dial default was in order. The 'Help' service merely suggested clearing a tick in a box requesting the dialer to wait for a dialtone [this made no difference] before throwing in the towel. What may have caused this problem, and how best to restore the dialtone?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Ron

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: