From:
Rob Cilia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:16:54 -0500
Randy, I came across an interesting article that discusses how to use
old pc equipment.  The article in question describes a do-it-yourself
router/firewall/proxy server that only requires a working 486pc or
better and couple of ether nic's.  Sounds very interesting, uses free
linux software which is very easy to configure.  It's amazing what
people can do with older pc equipment as this home-made router boasts
many of the features that are provided by high-end commercial routers.
The article is located at
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/howto/story/0,24330,3424529,00.html
Definitely worth looking into if you want to repurpose some old pc's for
something other than a landfill.
Thx...rob,wpg